"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kimi's photo is back!

Today, I received confirmation from our agency that it is permissible to post photos of Kimi on our blog! So, I have re-added it

It is amazing how many criminal background checks have to be done on us in order to prove Kimi will be safe with us! We both had to be fingerprinted twice: once for the State Police check and one for the FBI check; we had to have our local police department run a background check and write a letter for each of us, stating we had no criminal history; and we have yet to be fingerprinted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office (USCIS)for another background check as part of the immigration approval! Then, this past weekend, we learned that since Mike lived for a short time in Illinois while he attended Lincoln Christian College, and a short time in Texas in the 1970's, we have to have criminal checks done in each of those states as well! Plus, our caseworker has requested personal reference letters from five of our friends. All of this is the normal process for anyone adopting from China. And this is just for the background checks! Now you have some idea how much paperwork there is to this process! None of it is difficult; just a lot to do! But, those of us who have or who are in the process of adopting, see it as our "labor pains", and SO worth it, considering we will have a new little member of our family in the end. It has been somewhat of an "eye-opener" to Elizabeth to realize that we did the same in order to bring her home. We have told her how we prayed for her while she was in China - even before we knew who she was. And, now, she is praying for her new little sister until we can bring her home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Kathy! I shouldn't have mentioned those arrests I had you on probation for...just kidding! I made sure to tell them what wonderful, amazing, honest, loving people you both are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy -

    I'm Cathy, another adoptive momma from MAA.

    I just wanted to say congratulations on your precious newest addition to be!

    Looking forward to following along on your journey.

    Blessings-

    Cathy
    http://becauseweareled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete