"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kimi ate CAKE!

Kimi's ability to eat normally, continues to improve! She is totally on Stage 3 baby foods (which contain quite a bit of texture). She even holds her spoon correctly, now! Yesterday, she actually ate some CAKE at her daycare! She started with the sweet, smooth icing, but ended up eating a little bit of the cake, too!


The leg braces are also working. When they are off, she stands, holding her feet in the correct position, for about 75% of the time...a big improvement! With the braces on, she can stand steady for several minutes. But then, she starts giggling and falls down - partially on purpose. She can walk holding my hand, IF she is in the mood. When she isn't in the mood, and wants to be carried, her legs suddenly become spaghetti!
Its interesting...around me, she enjoys being treated like a baby and will even babble like a baby. But, for her speech therapist, while pointing to a cow, she said, "cow". It makes me wonder how much she really CAN say?!

Regardless, there is nothing sweeter than a little child, safely sleeping, in her own little bed. I have quite a few photos of our older kids, as babies and toddlers, sleeping. I took this one of Kimi, sleeping with her little lamb and her seahorse.

I also have to mention: this evening, we went to watch our grandson, Andy (the one who had the terrible head injury this past summer), in his school's Christmas program. As he stood on the stage with his classmates singing Christmas songs, I said to Eddie, "Wouldn't it have been wonderful to have known, that evening last July, that Andy would be singing with the rest of the third-graders in the Christmas program this year?" His scars are invisible now - totally covered by his hair. I know I have said it before, but he is a real, live, walking miracle!

And, one more thing: Mike was released by his doctor today to go back to work...just 8 1/2 weeks after double knee replacement! Is that unbelievable, or what?! We were told that most people take anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks to recover to this point!

3 comments:

  1. I love it when you post your blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog again. I do remember it from before. But that was before I was going to be a Huai'an mama. I will enjoy reading back through prior posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kathy....so much, so good...HE is so so so so so Good!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete