...Kimi walking totally independently! She has been working on walking for quite a few months; but, lately, in fact, in just the last couple of weeks, she has begun walking....a LOT! In fact, she walks all around the house, now, without her walker or anything! She is walking at her daycare/preschool...in her Sunday School class...anywhere there is a level floor! This is a little girl, who one orthopoedist (who will remain nameless) said, would NEVER walk! He said I wasn't being realistic. He said I should accept the fact she would spend her life in a wheelchair.
But...I think he might have underestimated the power of Almighty God...
...combined with the tenacity of one strong-willed little girl...
...who, already in her young life, had faced bigger challenges than THIS one! Enjoy!
Wow! She is walking even more than I saw at our house! God can do anything...nothing is impossible with Him! You just have to show that Dr, not just to gloat, but to show that maybe he should be giving other kids hope too. What a Thanksgiving blessing!
ReplyDeleteShe is amazing!!!! Love that sweet girl :)
ReplyDeleteOMW! Just think as she grows and learns to walk with maybe a little help of something. You're doing great Kathy! I don't know how many times a doctor says one thing and then changes it or another doc will say something totally different. I agree with Barb, the doc needs to know that she is not the final say.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is WONDERFUL!! We have big dreams of seeing our Huai'an babe up and walking, too. Way to go, Kimi!!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY!! This so wonderful!! NO words to express all the joy wonderment Praise I feel!!! So happy for sweet Kimi, for your family!!! CELEBRATE!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I'm crying over here. I'm so happy for you and Kimi! My Huai'an babe is walking better and better each day too. They're tough kids.
ReplyDelete