We noticed a few days ago that Kimi's two front lower teeth were spacing farther apart and getting more and more "wiggly". I alerted her daycare and her school....just in case one of them came out while she is away from home. At lunchtime today, she ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and mandarin oranges. Then, shortly afterward, she wanted a tissue and I saw blood in the front of her mouth! The right front tooth was barely hanging on. She kept wiggling it with her upper teeth, her tongue and her fingers...I know...disgusting, but true! Although you'd think I'd be used to that kind of thing by now, stuff like that still gives me the "willies". I explained to Kimi that her tooth was going to be falling out very soon, and a brand new tooth would grow there, hoping she wouldn't panic when it actually happened. She began happily riding her rocking horse. I went back to what I was doing, when, it got very quiet in the next room. All of a sudden, I heard, "Mommy! Mommy!" I ran into the room and she was holding that tissue, with spots of blood all over it, where she had been dabbing at the tooth. And, sure enough, the tooth was out! I looked everywhere for it...but couldn't find it. Did she drop it? Did she swallow it? She acted as though it was in the tissue; but it wasn't. With her language delays, we'll probably never know; but I suspect it is now in her tummy. Oh well, I doubt she is the first kid to swallow a baby tooth! I guess we'll just have to leave a note for the Tooth Fairy, explaining it.

I think most of my kids have swallowed at least one baby tooth and they all lived through it!! She doesn't look too traumatized by it!!
ReplyDeleteOh look at your big girl! Looking so much more grown up with that space in her teeth. I love seeing how she has grown. :)
ReplyDeleteDianne (mom to 4-yr old Aaron from Huai'an)
Yes, she does look so much more grown up. She's looking like a big girl. So cute!
ReplyDelete