"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Kimi is 15 years old now!

 I often forget about this blog I started as we began our journey to bring our daughter, Kimi, home, back in 2010, twelve years ago!  In fact, it has been over three years since I last updated this blog.  So, allow me to catch up a little.  Kimi is now 15 years old!  She is a freshman at Avon High School.  She plays the violin with the High School orchestra, and just began her 9th year playing wheelchair basketball on an NWBA team.  This past summer, she went to Camp Riley, climbed the Alpine Tower, did adaptive skiing, shot arrows from a bow, swam at our local waterpark, visited the Heinz Museum (Mr. Rogers Neighborhood exhibit), visited the Hershey Chocolate Museum, Washington D.C., The Noah's Ark Encounter in Kentucky, Pigeon Forge in Tennessee, the Indianapolis Zoo, the Indianapolis Children's Museum, Wilsem Safari Park (fed several animals) and rode the subway train in D.C. She has come so incredibly far!  She has many friends and is one of the most happy and positive people I know!  And she never ceases to amaze me!  How thankful I am she is part of our family!












No comments:

Post a Comment