We are Mike and Kathy Perry. Now that Kimi has come home, we are the parents of FIVE children! We also have 20 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. This blog was originally for our journey to bring Kimi home (see archives). Now, feel free to follow along as God's plans for Kimi begin to unfold before our eyes.
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
...AND our I-800A has been sent!!!
What a day!! Received the email that our home study provider received our home study approval from our agency. Then, drove up to Carmel to pick up our copies of our home study on my lunch hour. Then, on the way home from work, stopped by the drive-thru at our bank, withdrew the money for our I-800A (this is Kimi's immigration approval request), and purchased the money order for our I-800A submission. Next, came home, fixed dinner, and then, assembled the documents for our I-800A submission: double-checking, triple-checking, quadruple-checking to make sure everything was complete, signed, etc.!! Then, put it all in a Fed-Ex envelope and sped over to the drop box, which unfortunately, showed I was too late for today's pick-up. Came home. Checked my email - and lo and behold, the Fed-Ex driver must have been running late, because my package was picked up 20 minutes after I dropped it off!! This means, it will arrive at USCIS in Texas before 10:30 tomorrow morning! Every single day I can save is one less day in the orphanage for Kimi, and one day closer to her having a family! Now, I need some sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment