Over the past few months, I have often been asked how we came to the decision to adopt another little girl from China - and how we decided on Kimi. At the bottom of this blog, I have written my response to those questions.
Regarding where we are in the "paperchase" - We have completed our required adoption training and all of our homestudy meetings. Our caseworker anticipates submitting our homestudy for approval to our agency on Monday (8/16). Once approved, we will submit our I-800A for USCIS (immigration) approval.
This week, we also received a response from Kimi's orphanage to the questions we submitted about a month ago. The orphanage staff has agreed to let Kimi's hair grow! In answer to my question about any illnesses, they responded "she rarely gets sick, even the cold". They also said, "She prefers stuffed animals" and "She likes to play with others..." and "Whenever she meet the nannies, she always smile, so nannies like her very much."
Oh my goodness, Kathy! She is just so amazingly beautiful!!! I love the photo of her in the ball pit! Her hair is already growing out. Bob said she looks HUGE! I told him it's all of those layers of clothes! I think I have fallen in love with her too!! Now I see why you can hardly wait!!
ReplyDeleteI read your story of how you came to the decision to adopt her. I have always loved being a child, and have always loved children. As you know, I have taught the 3 years olds for over 30 years and have 7 children of my own. I have a deep craving in my heart for another one. Am I crazy? I think we know that God put the desires in both of our hearts! And just like you, we have seen so many instances of God's leading and miraculous interventions!!
Love and prayers,
Barb