"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another adoption milestone!

We reached another milestone toward bringing Kimi home! Today, we received an email from our immigration officer, informing us we had received Provisional Approval. (Yes, there are a LOT of approvals to be obtained with international adoption!) Now we wait on word from the National Visa Center.

We also mailed a care package to Kimi this evening. The package contains a small doll, a warm, winter Chinese outfit, a disposable camera (for the orphanage to take photos of Kimi and others around her), candy for the nannies, a small photo album containing photos of our home, her room, her bed, and her new family, a translated letter telling her about our family (that will, hopefully, be read to her), and a soft, pink, little, cuddly "blankie" with the stuffed head of a monkey in the center that has a push-button on the underside. When the button is pressed, it is Mike, me and Elizabeth saying the following in Mandarin (yes-we practiced a LOT): "I am your daddy." (Mike) "I am your mama." (Me) "I am your sister." (Elizabeth) "We love you!" (The three of us). It will, most likely, take a couple of weeks for her to actually receive it. This way, she will hopefully learn she is getting a family soon; and she will know what we look like and sound like and that she is already loved. I even slept with the little blankie for a week, so she might be able to tell what her new mama smells like :-) !

Finally, we should be receiving OUR Chinese visas on Monday from the courier in Chicago. So, everything is falling into place: just like when we traveled to China to bring home Elizabeth. God surely wants this child to have a home, a family, and, most importantly, to have the opportunity to know how much He loves her!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that's great news!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Kathy! I just found your blog from another blog. CONGRATULTIONS!!! Julie B. had told me you were adopting again. I am thrilled for you guys. Kimi is BEAUTIFUL and I know you can not wait to go and bring her home.

    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete