We are Mike and Kathy Perry. Now that Kimi has come home, we are the parents of FIVE children! We also have 20 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. This blog was originally for our journey to bring Kimi home (see archives). Now, feel free to follow along as God's plans for Kimi begin to unfold before our eyes.
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Our care package finally arrived in China!
We received an email confirmation that the care package we sent Kimi four weeks ago, finally arrived at its destination! Ann of RedThreadChina wrote, "...your blanket was talking when I got your package..." What she is referring to, is the little recording embedded in the monkey's head in the center of the little blanket. The button to listen to our voices is on the underside where I sewed it inside the pink monkey's head. I asked her if our attempt at Madarin was understandable, and she said, "...I think your little one can understand what you guys said..." She will now send the little pink blanket with the recording, the small photo album of our home and family, the small doll, the warm, winter outfit, the candies, the disposable camera, and the translated letter from us, to Kimi! She should receive it in the next few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great idea to record your names! I'm sure it will make things easier for Kimi when she meets you :-)
ReplyDeleteRuby
It is so difficult to think of ways to prepare her for a new family when we cannot meet her until the day she leaves the orphanage with us. Hence, the photos, recording, care package letter, etc. As of the last update, the orphanage staff had not yet told her we are coming. They said they had not told her because, "...she is too young to understand adults". Hmmmmm.
ReplyDelete