"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Andy at Methodist Rehab and photos














I just got back from visiting Andy at Methodist Rehab. He continues to improve! We were able to take him outside to a pretty courtyard nearby, but only briefly. The doctor required Andy to wear his hat, sunglasses, and be taken outside in a wheelchair with a belt around him. Andy balked at the wheelchair and belt at first, but finally went along with it. For their safety, the kids on the floor have to wear a wrist security bracelet, so that had to be temporarily disarmed, so he could leave the floor. We were only outside for about 5 minutes when Andy began saying he wanted to go back inside - it was just too much overstimulation. When we got back to his room, he wanted to watch a movie, so Eddie turned on a Jim Varney ("Ernest") movie! Andy really laughed at one scene where Ernest was pretending to be an old, cranky woman. What a blessing to hear Andy's laughter again!

I have attached photos of Andy's (with Eddie's) new shoes, one of Andy laughing at the movie, a photo of what he was seeing on the screen, and everyone outside with Andy for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. It must have been wonderful for him to get outside with everybody, and I laughed at the Ernest photo-just about the ugliest woman ever! I'm sure Andy's laughter was music to your ears.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete