"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Unbelievable

The last post was supposed to be about the way things are in our home with Mike's knee replacement. Well, as if that wasn't enough on my "plate", things got worse...not for Mike, thankfully...but for me. Last Monday (10/17), I was on my way home, had already picked up Kimi, and went into the building to after-school supervision to pick up Elizabeth....when, all of a sudden, a heavy door unexpectedly swung open to my left, knocking me and Kimi very hard, against a bench attached to a cafeteria table. Believe me: that metal bench did NOT move. In order to NOT drop Kimi, I could not use my hands to stop my fall and my right side slammed into that bench. I sat there on the floor, hardly able to breathe or talk, saying over and over, "This just can't happen...this just can't happen...my family needs me!" After a bumpy ambulance ride (I didn't even get the siren :-) ), I found I had broken three ribs! So, for the last couple of days, our family room has been like a rehab facility! I cannot lift Kimi, so our daughter, Rachel, has been helping us with Kimi's and Elizabeth's care. So much for that last photo "saying it all". Maybe the Lord just wanted me to slow down a little.

4 comments:

  1. Sheesh! Hope you start having some normal things happening to your family pretty soon.
    Take care,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you guys are having a rough go of it! I hope everyone gets healed quickly!How is Rachel doing with her pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel is doing great! We still can hardly believe she is having twins! We are hoping to know their sexes soon!

    ReplyDelete