We wrote the orphanage last August and, as her new parents, formally requested they let her hair grow. Thankfully, they honored our request as you can see from the following updates received in October and December...
Needless to say, by the time we got home, her hair was looking pretty shaggy and uneven. So, we decided to take her to get her hair trimmed a little more even. Knowing how she gets really irritated when I brush her hair, I had been putting it off, and had no idea how she would react to getting it cut.
Well, again, Kimi really surprised me! She watched in the mirror - smiling OFTEN - as Jill trimmed her hair! After we got home, she kept running her fingers through her hair and smiling.
Here are photos of her first "real" haircut...

Wonderful! I love the last one. I know she isn't looking at the camera, but she looks like she is really full of herself and enjoying the new locks! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteShe's precious.
ReplyDeleteRuby
Wonderful to see the progress in Kimi. Huge steps. Love the last photo, so adorable.
ReplyDeletecatching up Kathy! So excited to hear how well she walked using a walker, and then a donation!!! WOW! and she's just a doll with her new haircut! Can't wait to see her again...and you guys!
ReplyDelete