I just love it when I can post about another little victory! Well, Kimi had gotten to the point where she would ONLY drink from two baby bottles we bought in China. I cannot find any like them anywhere here in the U.S. The problem with them is that Kimi keeps getting the nipple cock-eyed with her teeth (you can't do this with the bottles made here) and then spills it all over herself. Well, this evening, she did it again, spilling it on her shirt. So I poured it into a traditional bottle and gave it to her. She utterly REFUSED to use that bottle! She cried, kicked, sulked...you get the idea. (That sweet, smiling little girl can be SO stubborn!) I knew she was hungry, so it was really tempting to give her
back her old bottle. But instead, I got out one of those "cups" that has a handle that is actually a straw that draws the liquid from the bottom (I have a wide variety of "cups" due to having 13 grandchildren). I poured her CIB mixed with whole milk into it, and handed it to her, helping her learn how to drink from it. She was definitely intrigued with this strange-looking cup. Although she did spill a little from her mouth, she got the hang of it pretty quickly, and DRANK THE WHOLE THING!! We just MAY have gotten her off the bottle!
Pictures posted here, along with a couple from her first PT appointment two days ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment