I'm sitting here attempting to update the blog with Kimi sitting on my lap. I never pass up an opportunity to hold her when she initiates wanting to be held! Kimi's progress is slow; but she IS continuing to progress. This week, according to our daycare folks, Kimi got right in the middle of the action with the other kids - unlike the first week when she pretty much kept to herself and played alone. The kids now talk to her and she babbles back - nothing intelligible yet, but the other kids don't seem to notice. Another change I have seen is when I arrive to pick her up. The minute she sees me, a HUGE smile spreads across her face and she comes running (actually, crawling extremely fast) to me and then holds up her arms for me to pick her up! This past Saturday, we had our first post-adoption home study visit with our caseworker. She provided some great suggestions for helping Kimi even more! Still no progress toward eating "normally". Kimi's initial PT assessment is this Thursday; but her OT assessment is not until 5/16 unfortunately. I am also hoping to get in contact with her speech therapist this week to get her language therapy started. I added a few more photos taken this afternoon.
great news Kathy....she's such an angle! love the pics!
ReplyDeleteSO many cute expressions!
ReplyDelete