"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Friday, July 29, 2011

Another update on Andy

Andy's condition continues to gradually improve! The bleeding from his brain has stopped and the drain has been removed. His temp is down to normal, now. The fluid in his right lung has begun to break up and be resolved. They are continuing to reduce the sedation in preparation for eventually taking him off of the ventilator. I saw him move both legs and arms when the nurses were changing his cervical collar. In fact, at one point, he sat up and the nurses had to get him to lie back down! He even opened one eye a little. His brain pressure continues to be consistently low and all his other numbers are perfect as well! They are hoping to get him off the ventilator soon and use an oxygen mask instead, as he does still require some additional oxygen. He is also getting nutrition via his NG tube. He is still in the Pediatric ICU; but we are hoping he will be moved to a regular room soon! Thanks SO much for all your continuing prayers for Andy!

4 comments:

  1. I have been praying for Andy! And for his grandparents, because I know this has been hard for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that Andy will continue to heal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,

    My stomach fell when I read your posts about Andy.
    I am so sorry for all of this and glad to see that things are improving. It's amazing that they froze his brain tissue for reattachment! You are definitely in my prayers.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! This HAS been very hard, as you all can imagine. But I keep remembering how much worse it could have been. God is merciful.

    ReplyDelete