Kimi continues to progress - sloooowly but SURELY! Regarding her eating, she has now tasted tomato soup, watermelon and "Kool-pops"! She will not actually put it IN her mouth, yet; but puts it on her tongue and gets a little taste. If I give her a doll-spoon, she will pretend "feed" her dolls with it, putting it in THEIR mouths. There's no question she knows what to do - she just isn't ready to do it herself. Physically, she is getting steadier on her feet. When I hold both of her hands in mine and tell her to walk, she will walk, putting one foot in front of the other as best she can. Granted, her feet are still very "floppy", and her hip muscles are still weak, but I can see a BIG difference compared to before her surgery! But considering we are less than six weeks post-surgery, that's huge! She actually climbed all the way up the stairs this evening, with me right behind her, coaxing her on. Up until now, she had never even climbed ONE step, much less, 14! Poor girl was absolutely exhausted when she got to the top. She will put away her toys when asked; but she has quickly realized that it isn't much fun and is starting to balk at doing it. She is also babbling more. What I especially love, is the way she "prays" with us - folding her hands and babbling until the prayer is done. She can now stack up six blocks, help dress and undress herself, and brush her teeth (sort of). I saw her pretending to wash her hands in her play sink on Sunday. She is engaging in more age-appropriate play, dressing and undressing her dolls and "feeding" them bottles. She loves giving us kisses. I have attached a video of Elizabeth and Kimi "praying".
Very cute! I remember how many years I said bedtime prayers before actually realizing what I was saying (wait a minute! If I should die before I wake????), so it probably doesn't matter that Kimi is only babbling them right now-it's the first step :) Sounds like she's making great accomplishments in all sorts of areas.
ReplyDeleteRuby