We are Mike and Kathy Perry. Now that Kimi has come home, we are the parents of FIVE children! We also have 20 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. This blog was originally for our journey to bring Kimi home (see archives). Now, feel free to follow along as God's plans for Kimi begin to unfold before our eyes.
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Day 6 - Kimi to be released today!
It is day 6 for Kimi's hospital stay. One of the residents came by and removed Kimi's dressing on her incision. It is the first time I had seen it. It is actually about 6 inches long, not 4 inches, and goes from about her waist (or maybe a little above) down to her bottom. She has many stitches - I didn't try to count them - I might do that later when we change her dressing at home. Right now, she is entertaining herself with an empty potato chip bag - go figure. She keeps trying to stuff her kitty into it and then "wearing" it like a mitten....and giggling. She is feeling better and better. Her neurosurgeon is supposed to be stopping by, and hopefully, soon, as I have to run to a meeting at Lilly at 11:30 and I don't want to miss him, since I have a list of questions to ask him. Her pain seems managable now, with Tylenol with Codeine, which is what they will send her home with. But she still gets very upset when I move her, as that is painful. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but yesterday, she had an allergic reaction to the rinse-free shampoo they gave me to use for her. She broke out in a red, bumpy, itchy rash everywhere it landed - on her scalp, her upper arms, and on one of her legs. The nurse gave her Benedryl and that took care of it. But you can still see the little raised bumps. I am keeping track of the ingredients until we figure out what it is she reacted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you taking her with you to the meeting? That's awful about the allergy to the shampoo!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you 2 get to come home!!
Barb
Sorry about the shampoo-that's all she needed-but I'm glad you're both going home.
ReplyDeleteRuby