We have begun day 5 here. I think Kimi "turned the corner" yesterday. She had a very painful episode early in the afternoon yesterday. The nurse finally gave her morphine and she subsequently fell asleep...for THREE HOURS! (That's very unusual for Kimi.) Ever since, she has been MUCH better. She continues to eat and sleep good. This morning, one of the neuro residents came by and said she can be released tomorrow (Tuesday). Following the nurse's advice, after Kimi got her Tylenol with Codeine at 8:30 and the nurse disconnected the monitors, I sponge-bathed Kimi, dry-shampooed her hair, and dressed her in real clothes (shirt and shorts). Next, we put pillows in a Riley red wagon, and lifted Kimi into the wagon for a walk. She REALLY got upset at being lifted into the wagon; but once there, she calmed down...a lot! After a few laps around the floor, I sat her up more and the nurse put one additional pillow behind her back to hold her in that position. Although she complained about the movement, she brightened up immediately! With the doctor's permission, I took her down the elevator and all over the hospital in the wagon! She did really well for about 30 minutes. Then she began to get tears in her eyes. So, we came back to the room and we put her back in the bed. Now, she is sound asleep. That little episode REALLY wore her out!
She looks so sweet in the last photo. It must be hard to watch her hurting, even if it is for a good reason. Glad she's coming home tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteRuby
She looks like she's doing better by the day! I especially love that last photos...So sweet :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Robin