"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kimi sat on my lap today!













We are still here in Riley Hospital. Mike and all three of Kimi's sisters and brother (and one niece and two nephews) and Eddie's girlfriend came to visit today (not all at once). Rachel brought Kimi a big dolphin balloon which Kimi LOVED! Kimi also enjoyed a sucker today. All throughout the day, the nurses raised the head of her bed a little more until she was sitting up. Then, about two hours after they gave her more pain medication, they lifted her from her bed and put her on my lap! It was somewhat painful for her; but she was happy to be out of the bed and on my lap for a little while. I wish I could have held her longer; but she began to whimper, as her back became more painful. So, they put her back in her bed. The surgeon also stopped by today. He said it did not appear the surgeon(s) in China had done anything about the fatty tissue attached to the nerves. I said, "Do you suppose they just removed the growth from her back and saw the tangled mass of fatty tissue and nerves and said, 'no way', and just closed her up?" He said that was what it looked like. I am SO hopeful this surgery has given her more ability to walk. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I've been behind in blogging, but I read all of your posts about the surgery and I'm glad that she is doing so well. Sorry that sitting hurts her :( but hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete