"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Friday, May 27, 2011

The morning after...




I am SO glad yesterday is over and it is the day following surgery! Kimi is SUCH a tough little trouper! She slept well last night, even with the typical, frequent interruptions from the hospital staff. Amazingly, I also got about six hours of sleep! She is eating (drinking) somewhat normally now, and no fever. Having the little DVD player, with the Little Einstein DVDs playing beside her on her bed, has been GREAT for distracting her from her pain. So far, she has made no objection to lying flat on her back. The staff here are GREAT! The doctors have not yet made their rounds; but I'm looking for them to show up any time. Kimi's upper lip is still a little swollen from lying on her tummy all day yesterday during the operation. I have attached two more photos. The first photo shows all the equipment around Kimi. The second one shows one of the smiles I am seeing more and more this morning!

1 comment:

  1. She looks adorable! Glad you got some sleep and hope you both sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete