Check out the photo!! This is Elizabeth and Kimi - AFTER A REAL BATH - and Kimi is SMILING!! As I believe I posted while in China, Kimi has been terrified (I mean, like, terrified like she thought she was going to be killed) of baths and hair washing. Well, tonight, I tried putting the girls in the tub together for the first time since arriving home (I have just been sponge-bathing Kimi). Elizabeth got in the tub first and then I put Kimi in. Kimi was a little unsure; but Elizabeth successfully distracted her with the bath toys. I first got Elizabeth's hair wet and then got Kimi's hair wet. Amazingly, I got giggles from Kimi - nothing AT ALL like the last time I tried to bathe her in a tub! Then, I put shampoo in Elizabeth's hair and Kimi laughed - so I put some on hers, too, and she laughed some more. I kept up this pattern and completely shampooed and bathed both of them!! Then, they actually played for awhile with the bath toys! I could hardly believe it! This is a HUGE step for Kimi; and I am praising God for answered prayer!
Amazing!!! I am crying happy tears with you! That is just a glimpse of more big steps to come. I just know it!
ReplyDeleteWonderful-she looks so sweet with her little smile peeking out :-)
ReplyDeleteRuby
Such a huge step forward for such a little person.
ReplyDeleteSandi
Oh the influence of a sibbling!!! How cool!
ReplyDelete