"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name, welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 10 - Continued...




























This evening, we met with our group at the White Swan Hotel and took the traditional "Red Couch" photo, followed by the group photo in front of the waterfall. Who would've thought we would EVER be back at the White Swan Hotel?!! Anyway, I thought I would share a few of the photos.

Afterward, we went to a Chinese Restaurant. Our guide ordered for the group. Believe it or not: we ate pigeon! The last photo is...yes, you guessed it...the pigeon heads that were left (couldn't go THAT far!). Actually, the food was very good overall. But I knew some of you would get a good laugh, knowing my conservative taste when it comes to exotic foods. Kimi slept through dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how you've regressed in the food chain :-) It's always good to expand horizons, though.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what one will do when one is experiencing American food withdrawal and this sort of thing is about all that is available, unless you want to eat Subway over and over...so will it be "boring" or "exotic"...difficult choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy and Mike - It brought tears to my eyes, too, when I read about you being at the bottom of those stairs, where they found Kimi. I've tried to tell Abby what her Chinese mommy may have been feeling when she had to leave her to be found, then I started to tear up, and Abby gets upset if I shed tears about anything, so I stopped talking - oh well.
    You all are going to be absolutely exhausted when you get home Saturday night. I'm going to try to be there at the airport, by myself or with Abby and/or Scott (if I'm not still cleaning mom's house for her open house on Sunday afternoon; this thing needs to sell ASAP). Kimi's facial expressions get more and more relaxed, and honestly she's even more beautiful now than before, if that's possible! Loved the video...
    We're praying for each of you, especially Kimi!
    Love to you all, Pam
    P.S. Could have done without that pigeon photo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh - I may not be there at the airport - on Saturday morning, the contractor is completing construction of an additional (huge) closet at Mom's house, and I'm expected to do the painting on Saturday after he's left.

    I can hardly wait to meet Kimi, but so will everyone else, and no one wants to further overwhelm her, especially in the middle of jet lag. If you're not at church Sunday morning, no one will wonder why!
    Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you ate pigeon!! Did it taste like chicken?

    We miss you!

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess no one went back for seconds of the pidgeon. Almost home. Hope you all have a good flight.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete